Our preferred format for receiving your files is PDF, please follow the guidelines below to make sure your PDFs are correctly optimised to be printed.
Most of these options are available when exporting a PDF from your publishing package. If you have any questions please contact Will Cooper on 0121 414 6684 or email email@example.com.
- Files should be created using Adobe Acrobat Distiller, which comes with the Acrobat 9.0 Professional package – you can purchase this from University Software Sales, for more information please visit www.softwaresales.bham.ac.uk/az/adobe.shtml
- PDF files should not be separated, they should be composite, this is usually an option when exporting PDFs from software packages such as Quark or Illustrator
- Make sure all images in your original document are CMYK colour (not RGB) and minimum 300dpi resolution – to preserve image quality do not compress the graphics when you export the PDF
- All fonts should be embedded in the PDF
- The PDF should include a 3mm bleed