Effective press relations can generate free publicity, increase brand awareness and improve sales and profitability.
We will show you how to promote your message or product and equip you with the skills you need to manage your own PR. We also cover other essential areas such as effective crisis management and press conference training.
Learn how to ‘work’ the press by identifying stories and ideas and getting them published:
- Identify news stories and feature ideas with an interesting angle
- Approach journalists and target the right person on the publication
- Write an eye-catching press release (one-to-one feedback will be available on the day)
- Deal with adverse publicity
- Develop a sustainable relationship with the media
- Form a PR strategy that can work for you in the future
For those likely to be in the spotlight in the event of a crisis:
- Acquiring essential information
- Taking urgent calls from the press and dealing with interview requests
- Managing your teams
- How to deal with ‘on’ and ‘off’ the record
- The aftermath – assessing your reaction to a crisis
Press conference training
Covering the strategy of successfully organising and running a conference:
- Planning the conference (why is it being held/where should it be held/who should attend?)
- Pre-conference organisation
- Managing the conference on the day
- Post-conference evaluation
All courses are based in our studio facilities, in the Aston Webb Building, on the University of Birmingham Edgbaston campus. We can also run courses on your premises if required.
We tailor each of our courses to the client’s individual requirements, so please contact the Account Management Team for an informal chat about your training needs.