Central Ethics Process Training
The Ethics Team run regular sessions regarding the process of applying for University ethical approval, which are targeted at new research staff and postgraduate research students.
We can also provide bespoke sessions for Colleges/Schools, upon request.
Dates of next session/s: Date of next session to be confirmed
To book onto any available training sessions, please email email@example.com, quoting the relevant course title in the ‘subject’ heading. Please also provide the date of the session, and your full contact details, in the email. For any other queries regarding training, or to discuss any bespoke sessions you require, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Research Integrity modules
The University has a number of online Research Integrity modules, which are designed to assist new researcher staff and students in meeting their responsibilities when conducting research.
The modules are located on Canvas, and cover the following disciplines:
Issue covered within the modules include:
- Researcher responsibilities
- Research misconduct
- Working with humans and/or animals (and relevant ethical approvals)
- Financial interests and intellectual property
- Health and safety
- Research data
- Publishing (including plagiarism and authorship)
- Advocacy and responsibility to society
Tips on how to find modules:
- Log in to Canvas Learning Environment with your University username/ID and password
- The Research Integrity modules are within the ‘Canvas Gallery’ (bottom right corner of Dashboard)
- Click on ‘Canvas Gallery’, then ‘Research and Information Skills’ – the Research Integrity modules should be available
- Click ‘enrol’ on the relevant module