This site is for members and former members of Group Retirement Plan, administered by Legal & General and for former members of the Group Personal Penson Plan administered by Aviva (formerly Friends Life).
Please note that from 1st August 2018, the University of Birmingham Group Personal Pension Plan was replace by a new scheme operated under a “Master Trust”. Legal & General (L&G) will now administer the scheme. Go to this document for further information and FAQ’s.
Members of the Group Retirement Pension Plan (administered by Legal & General):
- Active Members those employees who are currently contributing to the scheme or who no longer pay contributions because they are exempted;
- Deferred Members - this refers to those individuals who will have been members of the scheme previously and who will retain a benefit in the scheme. Upon leaving the scheme, notification will be sent to Legal & General informing them that you have left the service. Legal & General will then contact you direct informing you of the options available to you. These will either be:
- Defer - remain in the scheme until retirement; or
- Transfer to another Pensions provider. All correspondence in these cases are to be dealt direct with Legal & General.
- Retired Members - this refers to those individuals, their dependant and eligible children who will receive a pension from the scheme. Legal & General will usually contact you prior to retirement outlining the options available to you.
Further information concerning your pension benefits can be found at www.legalandgeneral.com/universityofbirmingham
Former Members of the Group Personal Pension Plan (administered by Aviva – formerly Friends Life)
- As a Deferred Member of the scheme, if you require details of your deferred benefits; request a transfer quotation or wish to claim your retirement benefits, you will need to contact Aviva directly for this information.
The Finance Office
University of Birmingham
Birmingham B15 2TT
Email:firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Tel: 0121 414 6489