Use the University of Birmingham’s Bank Transfer Platform powered by our partner Western Union Business Solutions.
This service is available to all students home and overseas. If you are an international student this service allows you to make payment in your local or recognised currency and from your home bank account, without worry about exchange rates or bank charges.
Simply enter the amount you wish to pay and you will be provided with a quote in your local currency. If you choose to proceed with the payment, complete the simple form to complete your quote. You can either pay by bank transfer or one of the real-time payment options below. You will have complete visibility of the amount you will pay with certainty that the full amount will reach the University of Birmingham on time.
Benefits of the payment platform:
- No transaction charges
- Favourable exchange rates compared to most banks
- Reduced bank fees because transfer is initiated locally
- Full payment amount received by University of Birmingham
- Track the status of your payment
- Real time payment options available including Alipay, UnionPay, Sofort, Trustly, Ideal, PoLi etc
For more information:
- User guide
- You Tube Video
- Should you have any questions about this process, please contact the University of Birmingham by email email@example.com or phone +44 (0)121 414 6074
- If you have any queries regarding your payment, please contact Western Union Business Solutions by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +44 (0)1733 871 871. Let them know you are from the University of Birmingham and they will need the full student name, ID number and Payment Reference Number