Catering services are provided across campus, serving healthy and delicious meals to students, staff and visitors.
Local, ethical, sustainable
The University is committed to seeking out opportunities to employ sustainable practices.
Here are some of the commitments we make:
- buy fruit and vegetables from local suppliers and using British seasonal produce where possible
- use British meat which is credited up to and above the Red Tractor status
- ensure our fresh milk and the majority of our British cheeses are Red Tractor status
- meet sustainability standards for fresh and frozen fish, as set by the Marine Stewardship Council
- use British free range eggs, earning us a Good Egg Award
- maintain Fairtrade status, held since 2003
- reduce plastic waste by offering recycled or recyclable food containers wherever possible
- offer alternatives to disposables, like rice husk coffee cops
- promote recycling and provide facilities for this in or near outlets
- send event food waste to anaerobic digestion
View the Catering Charter (PDF - 162KB)
Food and drink on campus
Campus offers over 30 cafes, restaurants and bars, from Costa and Starbucks to the University’s own diverse outlets on central campus, and at the Vale Village student accommodation.
View food and drink on campus
The catering team also provide services for conferences, events and meetings. When you’re booking a venue with Conferences & events, the events menu will provide everything you need: breakfast or morning coffee and refreshments; working lunches and buffets; fine dining; or relaxed street food.
View the events menu (PDF - 809KB)
If you’re not booking a venue, select from the delivered catering menu.
View the delivered catering menu (PDF - 1MB)