All of the photos from the 2014 OSCARS are on our Flickr page.
Best newcomer: Rebecca Slater
Team award: Junkbusters
The Directors Award: Andre Robertson
Customer service act of W.O.W (winning attitudes that optimise wonderful experiences) The individual who provides the best service experience to their customers.
- Winner: Sarah Edwards and Stephanus Sanjaya,Staff House, 3rd Floor
- Highly commended: Gaynor Chambers Med Café Catering Ops
- Michelle Roberts UB Sports
- Glenda Phillips UB Sport (Priestley Centre)
- Robert Parkinson Vale Village
Most inspirational leader This award is for any line manager, team leader or supervisor who has inspired performance through encouragement, development and motivation of their team during the last 12 months.
- Winner: Tina Tipper Cleaning Services
- Highly commended: Heather Bench Oaks Nursery
- Tanya Webb Hospitality Operations
- Sally Badham venuebirmingham
- Louise Twigg The Vale Village
- Lee Hale Winterbourne
TEAM SPIRIT award The team who have shown their ability to work collaboratively as a group in order to achieve a common goal or departmental objectives.
- Winner: Costa Bramall Hospitality Operations
- Highly commended: Infusion and The Hub Team
- Oaks Nursery
- Go 2 Team Catering Operations
- Cleaning Services Team 3 (Tina Tipper)
- Conference Park Reception & Night Team
Going The EXTRA MILE award This award is for a team or individual that has introduced or been involved with a new idea or innovation that has had a significant improvement and made a difference to their business area.
- Winner: venuebirmingham Marketing Team
- Highly commended: Pam & Rory Go Central Training Plan
- UBSports Duty Officers
- Transport Services Team
- Aaron Croston Bramall Building
- Winterbourne Tea Room Team
Business supporter of the year This is a dedicated individual from the wider University community (not a HAS colleague) who had provided exceptional support to enable us to deliver HAS objective and improve our customer experience.
- Winner: LRAT
- Highly commended: Mark Roche Sports Ground Staff
- Alastair Rodgers Student Services
- Daniel Holmes Project Officer Estates
- Margaret Donnison Project Manager Project Office
Student Experience Award Awarded for an innovative project or initiative that has positively enhanced the student experience.
- Winner: Charlotte Broughton & Volunteers Vale Village
- Highly commended: Rosie & Tracey Work Link Team
- John Douglas UB Sports Priestley Centre
- Vale Gounds UB Sport Initaitive
Community Engagement Award Contribution from a team or individual who have enriched our local community during the past 12 months.
External Service Provider Award
- Winner: Elms Nursery Sky Diving Team
- Highly commended: Natasha Vehey Hospitality Operations
- Adam Thickett Priestly Centre UB Sport
A supplier who has demonstrated distinguished performance in quality and who has shown their ability to anticipate and respond to change in cusomer requirements.
- Winner: Mid Hire Rentals
- Highly commended; Catherine Rann & Ruth Everingham Birmingham Council
- Steve from John Astley & Sons Cleaning Supplies
- Rob from Oyster Communication
- Paul Bramwell from Media Com
See the 2015 winners here