Every October we hold an annual safety and well being event! This years event was great!
The aim of this event is to bring together our partner organisations to deliver a range of activities and provide advice and information to the university community on the themes of safety, sustainability and wellbeing. The event is open to both staff and students and will be a great oppurtunity to find out more about support and what's happening both on campus and in the local area.
What you can expect from the event:
- A free cup of Fairtrade coffee to enjoy while you have a look around the marquee
- Register and mark your bike with bikeregister for FREE - helping to protetc it from theft (students)
- Once registered, pick up a FREE (yes FREE) police approved D Lock for your bike (students)
- Smoothie bikes (race your friend and cycle your way to a free smoothie!)
- Second hand bike sale – pick up a bargain to get you to and from campus
- Demonstrations from your local Fire Service – exactly HOW do firefighters free somebody from a car after a collision?
- Self-defence demonstrations – see if you would like to sign up for lessons.
- Feed my creative workshop – take a break and make something to take home with you.
- Speak to your local neighbourhood policing team, find out what’s going on in your area
- Learn about the many many services that are available at the University and at the Guild
- Ever thought about giving blood? Find out more and even sign up!
- Save money by finding out about public transport offers are available to staff and students
- Speak to local services about the great work they are doing in Birmingham
- Learn more about the Police and how you can protect yourself from certain crimes
- And SO much more!
Here are some photos from previous events.