UB Safe is the branding for our crime prevention campaigns across campus and beyond.
We run regular pop up events across campus where staff and students can acquire our free personal safety items such as personal attack alarms, shopping dipper bells, contactless card defenders and more. These are often in partnership with West Midlands Police and the Guild of Students. If you see us on campus then come along and meet the team and have a chat about keeping safe at University and in Birmingham.
We also utilise social media to post updates, alerts, advice and events we have coming up.
Follow UBSafe on Instagram
We run various crime prevention campaigns throughout the year which are intelligence led by local crime statistics. The campaigns are a collaborative effort between the University, Guild of Students and West Midlands Police and aim to educate the community on how to protect from being vulnerable to different issues.
Drop in sessions (term time only)
- Monday: 12 - 1 (UB Safe Hub, University Centre)
- Tuesday: 11 - 12 (1 to 1 room, ground floor, Main Library)
- Wednesday: 1 - 2 (Community Living Hub, Bournbrook Pavilion)
- Thursday: 1 - 2 (Student Services Centre, Medical School)
- Friday: 12 - 1 (UB Safe Hub, University Centre)