On Thursday 10th October 2019 partners from across the University and beyond will be taking over the Welcome Marquee in the Green Heart for our 'Live Well, Be Safe' event focussed on sustainability, safety and wellbeing. The last two years have seen hundreds of staff and students through the door to grab a free fair trade coffee, find out more about sustainability at the University, engage with the emergency services, buy a second hand bike and lots lots more.
This year the event will be taking place on the Green Heart from 11-2 with tonnes of activity and information to get involved with:
- Buy a second hand bike then get it security marked and a free D Lock (free lock for students only)
- Find out more about groundbreaking research at the University helping to solve the biggest issues facing our planet today
- Sign up to become a 'sustainability champion' and earn PSA points
- Demonstrations from police and fire crews plus advice on keeping safe
- Learn more about Wellbeing Services on World Mental Health Day
- Create some wellbeing with the 'Feed my Creative' workshop
- Grab yourself a free fair trade coffee and purchase your very own UOB Eco cup
- Find out more about how the University is tackling use of single use plastics on campus and through our research
- Speak to internal departments and external partners on a range from subjects from travel to wellbeing and volunteering
- Pedal your way to a delicious free smoothie on the brilliant 'smoothie bike'
The Live Well Be Safe event is a collaboration between the below University and Guild departments:
To get in touch with the organisers please email email@example.com