RingGo is a quick, easy to use mobile phone service, which lets you pay for your parking with a credit or debit card rather than using cash at a machine. When you park your car in an area featuring the RingGo service you simply contact RingGo by Smartphone app, calling, SMS or on-line, and pay for your parking.
- You no longer need to carry change
- You don't have to visit a parking machine and
- You don't need to walk back with a parking ticket - Parking Attendants check which vehicles have paid to park via this method using their handheld units.
How do I register with RingGo?
You can pre-register with RingGo either by using the RingGo smartphone apps (downloadable free of charge via your handset or on the internet at www.myRingGo.co.uk/register
You will be asked to provide :
- The number plate, colour and make of your vehicle
- Your payment card details
Alternatively you can regsiter at the same time you want to park, either by using the RingGo apps or by calling the RingGo number which is 0203 046 0060
Once registered RingGo recognises your mobile phone number and retrieves information you have given previously. This means that when you pay you only have to provide:
- The four or five digit location code where you are parked. Signs like the example shown will be fixed to our pay & display machines. If you are a University permit holder and therefore eligible to park for £1 a day please ensure you use the correct location code (see example below, you would use Code 15692). Non permit holders should use the main location code. Codes may be different at each location.
- The length of time you want to park
- Your payment card 3 digit security code
To see a video of how to register and pay with RingGo, please go to the link below and select the RingGo video: http://www.myRingGo.co.uk/howitworks
How much does RingGo cost?
There is no charge for registering with RingGo and no charge for using the smartphone applications.
When you park your vehicle with RingGo you will generally pay a 20p convenience charge on top of the parking tariff that applies. This charge will be shown on your credit/debit card statement. Optional parking session confirmation and reminder texts (alerting you when your session is about to run out) cost 10p per message.
Benefits of RingGo - extending your parking session
If you want to extend your stay you can remotely 'top up' your parking fee, simply contact RingGo again and the service will ask you:
- How long you want to extend
- What your card security code is
Can I get a VAT receipt?
If you need a VAT receipt you can view and print in on-line by logging in at www.myRingGo.co.uk
Other location numbers
Please visit www.myRingGo.co.uk/whereitworks to see all the location numbers in your area and across the UK.