Schools/departments within the University of Birmingham may be asked from time to time to provide young people with work experience.
The aim of providing work placements is to:
- Provide young people with an understanding of the world of work
- Assist young people in deciding what type of career they might want in the future
- Improve the personal development of young people
- Improve the key skills and employability of young people
- Strengthen links between the University, schools and the local community
Placements are organised directly with Schools/Budget Centres, and not centrally through Human Resources.
The Guidance on work experience placements (PDF - 34KB) provides information to help those managing the process, including legal requirements and practical aspects of having young people in a work environment.
Health and safety guidance on work experience placements
Safeguarding children and young people within the University (PDF - 84KB)
Template work experience letter (Word - 37KB)
If you need to find out more about the information on this page, or require additional support, please get in touch with us via the HR Service Portal
Something wrong with this page?
If you notice something wrong with this page (including broken links), please contact us here