Pay and benefits
Knowing that you are supporting our groundbreaking research in areas such as treatments for childhood cancer through to rewriting Anglo Saxon history, can be rewarding in itself. There are however many more benefits available when working at Birmingham.
To attract and retain high calibre staff, our pay scales and benefits are attractive and competitive. Here you will find information relating to pay including:
Payroll payment dates can be found on the Payroll site within the Finance Office.
View 'Your Benefit Choices' brochure as PDF
In addition to pay benefits there are many other benefits that the University offers its staff including:
- Discounts, offers and salary sacrifice schemes, including Cyclescheme
- Staff Networks and clubs
- Campus facilities: including sport, library and nurseries
- Leave: including annual leave, family leave, flexible working, sick leave, time off for training and development and other types of leave
- Employee Support Services: including Citizens' Advice Bureau and employee advice and listening service
- Public transport initiatives
- Training and Development: including induction, probabtion, PDR, training courses, personal development and resources
Executive Officer "the University is such a fantastic place to work, not only because of the competitive salary, the generous holidays and the reward and recognition but also because of the first rate facilities on campus available to staff such as the sports centre, the library and the museums that you can visit for free during your lunch hour."