Human Resources looks after the relationship between staff members and the University. As well as supporting the University in attaining its strategic goals through its staff, we assist with the development of staff, and ensure the wellbeing of staff at work. We also manage employment policies and conditions, staff recruitment and induction, benefits, salaries and much more.
How is HR organised?
Human Resources is made up of four divisions and the Director's Office. The structure is represented visually in our organisation chart.
- The Director's Office is supported by the PA to the Director and two Executive Officers who lead and coordinate HR activities across the University.
- The HR Operations team includes all of the College HR teams and HR Services who, amongst other things, deliver all of the processes underpinning employment of staff at the University from recruitment through to retirement.
- People and Organisational Development help develop organisational learning and develop the capabilities and potential of every member of staff through various programmes and developmental opportunities.
- Strategy and Policy develop and deliver the HR strategies and policies which contribute to the University's objectives, and ensure that University employment policies comply with the relevant legislation.
- Workplace Wellbeing includes the Health and Safety Unit, Employee Support and Occupational Health and is concerned with all aspects of student and staff wellbeing from the quality and safety of our physical environment to how we feel about our work.
- The New Systems Implementation Project seeks to ensure that the University has modern, flexible systems that support efficient processes, effective decision making and provide meaningful management information around its HR and Finance activities.
Who do I contact?
If you need to contact someone in HR then you can use the links above to find the contact details for all members of the teams. If you are unsure of who to contact then further direction can be found below.
For current staff
For applicants and non-staff enquirers
Finance Office contacts
Planning Office contacts