Study leave

One semester's study leave may be granted to academic teaching staff following three years' teaching within the University. Applications for longer periods of study leave may be allowed if justified, and should be accompanied by supporting documentation.

Following the completion of a period of study leave, further leave may only be granted at the rate of one semester after completion of each three years' further service.

Members of staff are required to submit a report following each period of study leave.

The following documents are relevant:

Related links

Career break scheme

Part-time study

Flexible working

Unpaid leave