Working at the University comes with more than just your salary!
In addition to benefitting from a progressive salary (progressive pay structure available here), a generous annual leave allowance and pension scheme, we hope to provide you with added extras that help make your time at the University of Birmingham even more enjoyable.
Some of our most popular benefits include travel season tickets, discounted fees at our three Ofsted-registered day nurseries and access to LinkedIn Learning to support your professional development.
In October 2022 Human Resources will be showcasing the best of our Staff Benefits offerings in the Great Hall
Come and join us!
Find out more
To see our full range on benefits, click on the headers below.
Annual Leave (inc. University Closed Days)
We offer 40 days leave per year, including 8 Bank Holidays and 7 Closed Days (pro-rata for part time staff) and the option to purchase up to 10 extra days. You will also benefit from generous leave arrangements to support you during your time at the University.
Pensions and Financial Wellbeing
Staff can join our tax-efficient workplace pension schemes and access free will-writing services. We have a progressive pay structure that rewards staff with competitive salaries.
Supporting you to access affordable sustainable travel options including electric car leasing, a cycle to work scheme and public transport season tickets.
Connect with Colleagues
Our vibrant staff community includes sports clubs and societies as well as staff networks to support equality, diversity and inclusion.
Support the causes and charities of your choice through payroll charitable giving.
Health and Wellbeing
We support staff with their health and wellbeing through the Employee Assistance Programme and carefully chosen private dental and medical insurance options.
University of Birmingham staff get preferential rates at our three Ofsted-registered campus day nurseries, and we offer flexible and hybrid working to support you with work-life balance.
Our staff can access great discounts on computer equipment, grocery shopping, utilities bills and much more.
Continue your professional development and support your family’s learning through workplace training courses as well as free membership of LinkedIn Learning and the Perks at Work online academy.
Exclusive special offers for University staff including discounts for holidays, gyms and cinemas.
We operate in an increasingly global market and offer a concierge service to assist with relocation.
Terms and Conditions
- All offers are subject to the terms and conditions set out by the Provider.
- The University is not responsible for the content of external web sites or information from other organisations.
- Any contract or agreement to purchase goods or services is between the individual member of staff and the Provider, not with the University. There is no liability between the University and the Provider.
- The individual member of staff is responsible for verifying that the chosen item or service is being offered at a discount compared to prices available elsewhere.
- The University is publicising this offer to its staff, and shall not be involved in any individual transactions.