Charitable payroll giving


Provider: University of Birmingham, StC Payroll Giving

Eligibility: All staff

When you can start/stop this benefit: Anytime

How you enrol: Please see 'How to enrol' below

Further information: See below

Further Information

You can support life-saving or life-changing projects right here on campus by making a gift to the University’s fundraising and volunteering campaign Birmingham in Action via payroll. Whether you want to fight cancer or encourage the next generation of graduates, the University can assure you that every penny of your gift will be used towards your chosen project. For more information and to discover other ways to get involved, please e-mail Alumni Relations or visit their website.

Alternatively, you can donate to other charities through payroll giving, managed by StC Payroll Giving. The donation comes from your pay each month before income tax.  You choose the charity or charity consortium you wish to donate to and the amount you wish to give and the rest is done for you. Your donation comes from your pay each month before income tax. For example, a gift of £5 will cost a lower rate tax payer only £4 of their take-home salary and a higher rate tax payer just £3 of their take-home salary. There is a minimum contribution of £1 a month.

How to enrol

Donate to life saving or life changing projects on campus via payroll by completing the University’s Give as You Earn Form (using University of Birmingham as the charity name) and returning it to the Payroll Office. 

Alternatively, to donate to other charities, please use the online StC Payroll Giving form at University has appointed StC Payroll Giving to promote and arrange such donations. 

Who is StC Payroll Giving?

StC Payroll Giving is one of the UK's leading PFOs (Professional Fundraising Organisation). They promote Payroll Giving (also known as Give As You Earn) throughout the UK (including Northern Ireland).

Via StC Payroll Giving which charities can I give to?

Visit the StC Payroll Giving website for details of the charities you can give to.  

Will StC Payroll Giving get a percentage of my donation?

No money is taken direct from donations made either to the consortia or to individual charities. The consortia employ StC Payroll Giving to be their public face, essentially as an out-sourced fundraising department. Salaries are paid monthly and kept entirely separate from donations. Therefore, StC Payroll Giving does not receive any proportion of the donation itself. 

When can I make changes to this benefit

You can start or stop payroll giving at any time. To stop supporting projects on campus please contact Payroll by raising a case in the HR Service Portal.

To stop StC Payroll Giving, please contact then at:  
T: +44 (0)1227 361960

Related links

Birmingham in Action

Give As You Live Support the University by shopping online

University alumni giving page 


If you need to find out more about the information on this page, or require additional support, please get in touch with us via the HR Service Portal

Something wrong with this page?

If you notice something wrong with this page (including broken links), please contact us here


Professional Services