Affiliates are those who do not have a full employment relationship with the University but still interact with it in certain ways, including:
- Associate members: people who need access to electronic facilities but are not members of staff. Contact the IT Service Desk to request access.
- Agency workers: temporary workers supplied via the master vendor agreement with Pertemps (Manager information here).
- Honorary staff and Emeritus Professors: those undertaking appropriate academic work and who do not hold a funded appointment. Emeritus status is normally bestowed upon professorial staff on their retirement from the University.
- Staff on the fees payroll - casual contracts: including visiting lecturers, small group teachers and post-graduate demonstrators
- Interns: students, graduates and at times individuals from outside the University seeking short term but structured personal and career development opportunities within the University
- Work experience candidates: participating in work experience placements
- Methods of arranging for work to be undertaken at the University of Birmingham
If you need to find out more about the information on this page, or require additional support, please get in touch with us via the HR Service Portal
Something wrong with this page?
If you notice something wrong with this page (including broken links), please contact us here