This toolkit will help you promote LinkedIn Learning to staff and students across the University
This toolkit is designed by University of Birmingham Internal Communicators, for use by University of Birmingham Internal Communicators.
We’ve provided a range of graphics, text, and ideas to help you promote this great new resource for your staff and students.
LinkedIn Learning is an incredibly powerful tool, and the more we put into it, the more we get out of it. This pack will help you identify opportunities for cross-promotion as well as provide quick and easy cut and paste messaging.
When and How to Promote LinkedIn Learning
| For staff
|| For students
Generic Narrative (Staff and Students)
- Benefit from access to all LinkedIn learning courses for free using your University email address and password, valued at £250.
- LinkedIn learning provides high quality, constantly updated and globally accessible learning resources as a premium subscription service to its 580 million users worldwide. Over 13,000 courses are currently available from in-depth learning to short tutorials.
- All courses are commissioned and produced by LinkedIn learning and featur over 800 industry experts from around the world.
- If you have a professional networking profile you can choose to add the skills and courses to your LinkedIn profile.
- Link your learning to your LinkedIn profile to view personalised course recommendations and and to keep your learning history even after you leave the University.
- Your data is secure and never made public.
- All courses are subtitled, with downloadable transcripts for improved accessibility.
- Access courses on and offline. Access them 24/7 via a desktop, tablet or mobile.
- Benefit from 40 new videos each week, with the range of courses continually reviewed in line with the latest trends and user needs.
- Provide your students with additional training and support on specific stdy skills or software without the need to prepare or commission a bespoke course.
- Curate and share playlists on Canvas.
- We join other leading global and UK universitites in offering this service including Oxford, UCL, Imperial and Edinburgh.#
- LinkedIn learning is a great free online resource to help broaden your knowledge and enhance your academic, technology-related and creative skills through expert-led course videos.
- It's simple, free and easy to use via your existing University username and password. You don't have to have an existing LinkedIn account - there's even a course on using LinkedIn Learning.
- Content is available on and offline, 24/7 and via desktop, tablet and mobile - learn to play the guitar on your commute, brush up on your presentation skills while you are on the loo, or learn a language while you are in the gym.
- With so many easy to use courses this is a great way to enhance your CV and stand out from the crowd when you are looking for work and work experience.
- You'll maintain your access to LinkedIn learning for two years after graduatiion.
- There are over 13,000 courses available, with more now available in a range of languages including French, german, Mandarin, Japanese and Portuguese.
- For new and returning students, LinkedIn learning can help you brush up your academic skills and is a great way to get a quick refresh after a break.
Intranet - staff: https://intranet.birmingham.ac.uk/staff/linkedinlearning
Intranet - students: https://intranet.birmingham.ac.uk/student/linkedinlearning
Help accessing your Linked Learning account can be found on the IT Service Desk Knowledge Base article KB14698
Help on how to use LinkedIn Learning is available directly through LinkedIn Learning. Look for the 'help' icon at the top right of every page.
Cut and Paste Newsletter Copy
Please feel free to edit if/where appropriate to your intended audience.
Suggested staff newsletter copy
Sharpen your skills with LinkedIn Learning
University of Birmingham staff and students now have free access to LinkedIn Learning. This industry leading resource offers an on-demand library of high-quality instructional video courses covering a vast range of software, business and creative skills. Update your digital capabilities and learn something new with unlimited access to over 13,000 online courses taught by industry experts. LinkedIn Learning is available on any desktop and mobile device-even in offline mode making it convenient to learn from anywhere at any time.
Find out more [link: https://intranet.birmingham.ac.uk/staff/development/opportunities/LinkedIn-Learning.aspx]
Cut and Paste Social Media
Please feel free to edit if/where appropriate for your intended audience. Or, make use of the key messages and develop your own content.
Tweet 1 – 248 characters
LinkedIn Learning is here! Update your digital capabilities and learn new skills with free unlimited access to over 13,000 online learning resources created by industry experts. Learn more at intranet.bham.ac.uk/student/linkedinlearning #UoBSkills
Tweet 2 – 276 characters
LinkedIn Learning is now free for all UoB staff and students. Get unlimited access to 13,000+ online courses covering a vast range of digital, business and creative skills all taught by industry experts. Find out more at intranet.bham.ac.uk/student/linkedinlearning #UoBSkills
LinkedIn Learning is now free for all University of Birmingham students. Get unlimited access to 13,000+ expert-led, online video courses that will help broaden your knowledge and enhance your academic, technology related, and creative skills. It’s simple and easy to use and all content is available on and offline via your desktop, tablet and mobile. Visit intranet.birmingham.ac.uk/student/linkedinlearning for more info.
LinkedIn Learning is now free for all University of Birmingham students and staff. Get unlimited access to 13,000+ expert-led, online courses that will help broaden your knowledge and enhance your academic, technology related, and creative skills. Visit intranet.birmingham.ac.uk/student/linkedinlearning #UoBSkills #hellobrum #universityofbirmingham
LinkedIn Learning is now free for all UoB staff and students. Get unlimited access to 13,000+ online video courses covering a vast range of digital, business and creative skills all taught by industry experts. It’s simple and easy to use and all content is available on and offline via your desktop, tablet and mobile. Visit intranet.birmingham.ac.uk/student/linkedinlearning for more info.
This pack was developed by Communications and Customer Experience Team in IT Services. If you need any help, ideas or guidance on communicating LinkedIn Learning with your staff and/or students, or would like to provide feedback on this resource please contact: