The purpose of the Women in IT Group is to support, encourage and promote the achievements of the women and non-binary/genderqueer people already working in IT Services and to encourage more women to consider a career in our department.
Examples of areas of interest include but are not limited to:
- Identifying and sharing best practice around improving the gender balance
- Connecting people both physically and virtually to share experiences and challenges
- Creating networking opportunities for women in IT
- Promoting the work being undertaken by women in IT Services
- Identifying opportunities for collaboration with other Women in IT networks
If you have an equality and diversity concern or question
If you feel confident to do so then speak to your line manager in the first instance.
If you would like to talk to someone anonymously then there are the following options:
For reference the UoB Equality and Diversity policies: https://intranet.birmingham.ac.uk/collaboration/equality/Policies-procedures-and-guidelines.aspx
How to get involved
To access the current WIT action plan and activities please join our Microsoft Teams channel – code: kg0pmne