Enter the Student Mobile App Competition 2015
Win industrial paid placements with IBM or Deutsche Bank.
The Student Mobile App Competition (SMAC) 2015 competition is open to all undergraduate and postgraduate students at the University of Birmingham from technical and non-technical backgrounds.
There are 2 ways to take part:
- Option 1: Enter an innovative idea for an app and a story board with the design of your app and how it would work
- Option 2: Enter an innovative idea for an app and a working app or a fully working prototype
Prizes include paid industrial placements with IBM and Deutsche Bank, paid placements at the IT Innovation Centre, tablet computers and other prizes. SMAC is also accredited through the PSA Employability programme of the University.
- New Lapworth Museum: Apps to engage the public with the new Lapworth Museum of Geology
- Accessibility: Apps to enhance the experience of people with disabilities
- Your choice of app: anything else that has value for the University or the wider community
- Friday 5 December 2014: Deadline for App ideas submission (email idea submission form to email@example.com. This applies to all entries from options 1 and 2).
- End of January 2015: IBM Workshop – Tools for mobile app development (TBC)
- Friday 6 March 2015: Deadline to submit app designs, working apps or working prototypes
- Wednesday 25 March 2015: Demos and Awards Ceremony
Find out more: Visit the IT Innovation Centre or contact firstname.lastname@example.org