Student Mobile App Competition 2015-16
Following on the success of previous years, the Student Mobile App Competition is back. This year’s theme is around real-time booking systems, although students are also given the opportunity to enter with an app design or prototype of their choice.
Competition winners are offered paid internships with industry sponsors including IBM and Deutsche Bank. For details of previous years’ winners and published apps, visit the IT Innovation website.
SMAC Competition full details
Open to all UoB students: All UG and PG students can enter, individually or as a team
How to enter
Option 1 - Non programmers: design your own app
Option 2 - Programmers: build your own app
Register via email@example.com
- Stage 1: Ideation 19 October - 11 December 2015
- Ideas Generation Workshop 18 November 2015. To register email firstname.lastname@example.org (deadline Tuesday 17 November)
- Stage 2: Design & Development 12 December 2015 - 19 February 2016
- Design and Development Workshop 27 January 2016 - Register at email@example.com
- Stage 3: Judging 20 February - 14 March 2016
- Demos and Awards Ceremony week of 14 March 2016
Participants can choose from one of the following themes:
- Create an innovative real-time booking system mobile app for UoB, eg: computer booking system; room booking; sports centre booking.
- General theme: create an innovative mobile app that will make a difference in an area of your choice.
- Paid industrial placements offered by sponsors IBM, Deutsche Bank, etc. to competition winners
- Paid internships offered by the IT Innovation Centre
- Other prizes may include tablets and certificates for shortlisted candidates
- SMAC winners will be announced in March 2016
Find out more: intranet.birmingham.ac.uk/itinnovation