The Project Office has introduced new project processes and documents for use in projects throughout IT Services. If your project has an IT element to it requiring IT Services resource, please use the template Gate documents. These are available on the ITS PAC Teams channel (ITS staff only):
- Gate 1 - Idea
- Gate 2 - Options Appraisal/Feasibility/Procurement
- Gate 3 - End of Options Appraisal/Feasibility/Procurement
- Gate 4 - Business Case and Project Initiation
- Gate 6 - End of Project Report
- Gate C - Combined Gate for Light Projects
- Project Change Request
- Combined Action Log, Benefits Tracker, Risk Log and Decision Log
If you do not have access to this Teams channel but need a template, please contact the Project Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project documentation should have version control, whereby initial discussion documents will be assigned v0.1 (draft) and subsequent versions v0.2, v0.3 etc. Once the author is happy with the document, it is circulated to all interested parties for comment and then sent to the Project Board and relevant Authority Group for approval.
Once approved, the version number changes to v1.0. All project documents should be reviewed regularly and updated when necessary, and their version number should be updated accordingly to reflect this e.g. v1.2, v1.3 etc.