The Laptop Clinic is a free service provided by IT Services for students at the University that offers diagnosis and repairs for configuration and software related issues.
The service is provided on a best endeavours basis. If we are unable to resolve an issue then we will attempt to identify the cause and offer any relevant advice.
- General advice and diagnostics
- Setting up laptops and mobile devices to access the University WiFi network
- Software installation and troubleshooting
- Laptop performance issues
- Operating system reinstalls
- Recovery of essays, dissertations and other University related data
Where to find us
The Laptop Clinic is located in the Library Information Centre on the ground floor of the Main Library (R30 on campus map).
Monday-Friday 10:00 - 16:00
Drop-in sessions and booked appointments are available*
Just ask at the IT Service Desk or call +44 (0)121 414 7171 to book.
*The Laptop Clinic is only available during term time unless otherwise stated.
Please be aware that you are responsible for ensuring that all data and information stored on their computer equipment is appropriately backed up before handing over for assessment by the Laptop Clinic.