BEAR DataShare is listing duplicate folders. This is a bug which sometimes occurs but has been fixed with newer versions of the application.
1) First, ensure that you have a copy of the data in the duplicate folders somewhere other than BEAR DataShare before proceeding.
2) Assess which duplicate folder has 0KB.
3) Using the Client (app), right-click on the folder that contains no data and choose 'Stop sync'. Then tick both boxes to delete local meta-data and delete local files and select 'Stop sync'.
4) Again, using the Client, right-click on the duplicate folder that does contain the data and choose 'Stop sync'. This time DO NOT tick either of the boxes to delete the data but just select 'Stop sync'.
5) The duplicate folder with the data in should then turn from yellow to grey. Left-click on the folder and then press 'Next' to re-sync this folder.
6) Check that you are running the most up-to-date version of the application by going to the Client>Preferences (then General tab if using Advanced Options).