Once your request for a project on HPC Midlands+ has been approved you need to request a username. User registration is handled through EPSRC's SAFE mechanism, which will be familiar to users of the Archer National HPC service.
To register for HPC Midlands+, one of the Tier2 services, do this:
- Go to the Tier2 SAFE login page and log on to SAFE. If you are not already registered on SAFE then you will need to create an account on the SAFE Tier2 Signup page.
- From the Login accounts drop-down from the black menu bar at the top of the page click on Request login account.
- On the next page select a11 - Birmingham from the Project drop-down and click the Select Project button.
- This then opens a page with the Athena machine selected to request a username. Click the Select Machine button.
- At the next screen specify a username of 4 to 8 characters. Your Birmingham username can be specified as long as it is available on HPC Midlands+; a message is given at this stage if the requested username is not available.
- This request then comes to the Birmingham's project manager to approve.
- You are then notified by email from the SAFE system when you can access the HPC Midlands+ service. This mail does not contain your password but has instructions on how to retrieve this using your SAFE login. The mail also gives the login address.
Last modified: 19th December 2018