Question: How to resolve problems during live conference calls?
It is not possible to foresee technical issues before a scheduled video meeting; albeit technical issues can arise during a live call. Therefore it is advisable to plan a test well in advanced of the planned meeting to ensure the systems are compatible. The common hitches likely to occur in live conferences are list below:
- I can hear my audio coming back during the video conference. Headsets are recommended at the remote end because echo feedback can be an issue with desktop and laptop systems
- I cannot send my presentations. It is advisable that remote participants become familiar with desktop, file and application sharing using Visimeet video conference software well ahead of the planned meeting.
In general echo and microphone feedback is mostly caused by the improper placement of hardware, or potentially the misconfiguration of either hardware or software settings.
If there is echo, static, feedback and/or noise in your meeting, there are several common causes to address.
Mic & Speakers:
- Move the microphone away from the speaker
- Mute the microphone when not speaking
- Use a headset
- If an analog connection then try using a USB headset
- If using a USB headset try a different USB port on the computer