BEAR User Forum
- Corporate Services, Research
You are cordially invited to the BEAR User Forum, where the Advanced Research Computing (ARC) team will be present and ready to answer your questions.
Date : 6 March 2019
Time : 1pm
Where : Engineering Building, room G29
The BEAR User forum aims to bring BEAR users together to maximise the experience through:
- Make connections and network with peers
- Share user experience
- Get news and updates from ARC
- Identify issues and raise any concerns
- Propose further development of software and/or hardware
- Discuss Support for University initiatives in relevant areas
No need to book, just turn up, however if you have any questions or queries please can you send them to email@example.com which will be answered in the Q&A session.
1:00pm Welcome to the BEAR User Forum by Dr Liza Jabbour, Chair of the BEAR User Group
1:10pm Foreword of BEAR and ARC Team by Dr John Owen, Head of Advanced Research Computing team
1:20pm Infrastructure update by Simon Thompson, BEAR Infrastructure Architect
1:45pm Training and Research software engineering by Aslam Ghumra and ‘Ed’ Andrew Edmondson
The ARC (BEAR) team will be available afterwards to continue the discussions.
Please forward this email to your colleagues who may not be on the mailing list.