was created in January 2017 with investment of £3.2 million from EPSRC and contributions from the 7 partners -
. The central components of the service are:
- 512 compute nodes each with 128 GB memory and 2x14 core Intel Broadwell processors, giving 14,336 cores
- 4 OpenPOWER nodes each with 1 TB memory and 2 Power8 processors each with 10 cores, giving 80 cores
- 1 OpenPOWER node with 2 NVIDIA Tesla P100 GPUs, 1 TB memory and 2 Power8 processors each with 10 cores
- Parallel filesystem with over 1 PB of useable storage
- 10 TB SSD filestore for pre-staging data to the OpenPOWER nodes
Standard job limits on this service will be 756 cores (27 nodes) per job, maximum walltime 100 hours; additionally, the maximum cores summed over all running jobs per user is 2000.
There is a quick-start guide to this service and the HPC Midlands+ website also contains information on the applications installed on the system.
Support for HPC Midlands+ users
First-line support is provided at the University. Please open a Other BEAR Request if you have any problems with, or questions about, HPC Midlands+.
If you are a member of a project, then you can apply for a username on HPC Midlands+
. All registration requests require approval by IT Services, and no request will be approved unless it is associated with an active HPC Midlands+ project.