As demand for technology enabled change and services grows in the University, it is essential that IT Services maintains high quality relationships and dialogue with key stakeholders to ensure that the right overall outcomes are being achieved and that IT Services remains focused on delivering value and service.
- The team works closely with the colleagues in IT Services and Professional Services in the identification and implementation of IT services in support of the University Strategic framework, integrating central services and introducing local services as needed. The team takes a lead and acts as the initial contact for the scoping, realisation and delivery of new projects and services.
- The team members establish themselves as a trusted advisors to senior stakeholders so that they are able to understand and align with key technology related strategies and appreciate opportunities to exploit technology capabilities and innovation.
- The team oversees demand management activities, acting as the initial point of escalation for all performance issues and ensuring that stakeholders understand how IT Services is addressing their requirements or achieving resolution of any issues. They own the Rolling Eight Quarter Plan, (R8QP), capturing the University’s demand and shaping it into a workable and deliverable recurring eight quarterly plan.
This is a new team within IT Services, the team comprises of the following members:
- Head of Business Partnering
IT Business Partner for Academic Services
Dubai Campus IT Systems Lead
- IT Business Partner for External Relations
IT Business Partner for Planning
- IT Business Partner for Hospitality and Accommodation Services
IT Business Partner for Estates
Customer experience and communications
IT Services plays a central role in University life and is responsible for providing systems and services critical to teaching, research and supporting the University as a whole. We aim to deliver cost effective, reliable and secure services for the University and adapt technology to meet business requirements.
As a result, it is vital that we prepare for future activity by supporting the IT strategic priorities through understanding the fundamental wants and needs of our customers, so we can determine what a great experience for them should look like. The Customer Experience and Communications Manager in particular takes on a proactive role in listening, engaging and responding to customers through various customer experience activities.
The CX and Comms team are also responsible for communicating clearly our: vision, strategy and roadmap of activities. In order to increase engagement and understanding, the team is focussed on ensuring that all IT communications express the language of our users, rather than embedded in technical terminology.
The team comprises of the following members:
Customer Experience and Communications Manager
- Lucy Turner
CX and Communications Assistant