Head of Business Partnering
I am a member of the IT Operational Management Team (ITOMT) with accountability for Business Partnering. The Business Partnering team manages the relationship with key stakeholders. It identifies, shapes and manages the demand for technology related change and services.
- I take the lead and act as the initial contact for the scoping, realisation and delivery of new projects and services. Working closely with the colleagues in IT Services and Professional Services in the identification and implementation of IT services in support of the University Strategic framework, integrating central services and introducing local services as needed.
- I act as a trusted advisor to senior stakeholders so that they are able to understand and align with key technology related strategies and appreciate opportunities to exploit technology capabilities and innovation.
- I manage the team of IT Business Partners within the IT Services to oversee demand management and partnering activities, acting as the initial point of escalation for all performance issues and ensuring that stakeholders understand how IT Services is addressing their requirements or achieving resolution of any issues.
- I own the Rolling Eight Quarter Plan (R8QP) for IT Services, capturing the University’s demand and shaping it into a workable and deliverable recurring eight quarterly plan.
- The business area that I am partnering is Academic Services.
Professional membership and external groups:
- Business Relationship Management Institute (member)
- UCISA Women in IT (member)
- UoB Women in IT (chair)
I studied for my Biochemistry (BSc) degree in Manchester but soon realised it wasn't a career route I wanted to pursue. Luckily in my first 'proper' job with the Institute of Logistics and Transport I was given a role which provided experience in many areas including marketing, PR, printed media and the web. As I found the web part of the job the most enjoyable, I moved to Birmingham to make that my full-time occupation. I have worked in various web and digital roles at the University of Birmingham before moving to the new Head of Business Partnering post. I was also the lead workstream contact for IT systems on the Dubai Campus project - ensuring that the campus-specific requirements for systems changes were identified and managed appropriately.
I can be found on Twitter and LinkedIn.