The Impact Acceleration Account has been awarded to the University of Birmingham by the Economic and Social Research Council in order to fund knowledge exchange and impact from 2014 - 2018. The Impact Acceleration Account (IAA@UoB) is a flexible and dynamic fund designed to energise the local social science community to deliver timely impact initiatives, which build upon excellent research and engage non-academic users in generating positive change.
The IAA@UoB will support the following key areas:
- Building relationships and networks with potential users of research to facilitate co-production of knowledge and maximise impact
- Movement and secondment of people between Research Organisations and user stakeholders
- Support for researchers to build networks with potential users of the products of their research, and further work to establish ‘proof of concept’ for their innovations
- Drive culture change in Research Organisations to promote knowledge exchange and improve related skill sets and capabilities
- Improve engagement with the public sector, civil society, industry and publics.
Not from University of Birmingham and interested in working with a University of Birmingham Researcher? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
More information on the schemes and how to apply:
To be added to the ESRC IAA@UoB mailing list and be the first to find out about new opportunities, please send an email.