SciVal is a research analytics system that uses data from Scopus and Science Direct to give you access to the research performance of your own research, research institutions and individual researchers worldwide.
SciVal enables you to visualise research performance, benchmark using a number of metrics and develop collaborative partnerships.
The system is useful for:
- Academic staff
- REF leads or Heads of Schools
- Staff working to support research and partnerships
- Marketing and communications staff
You can use the system to:
- Understand the performance of research outputs for a group
- Gather information and analysis to support funding bids
- Conduct comparisons between institutions.
- Gather information about current partnerships and potential partners.
We have an institutional subscription to SciVal and any member of staff can login and use the system.
Just go to www.scival.com while on campus and register.
If you already have a Science Direct or Scopus login you can use this.
Find out more
For more information you can contact Karen Kay (Research Information Manager) in the Planning Office