New School Colleagues
A warm ‘virtual’ welcome to the following new colleagues who have joined us since the previous newsletter –
- Cathy Cassell, Dean of the Business School and Professor of Organisational Psychology;
- Dave Lewis - Director of Business School Operations and College lead for Influence and Engagement;
- Emma Johnson – new Team Manager for Undergraduate Programmes;
- Katie Williams - Student Advisor for the Undergraduate Accounting & Finance/Accountancy Programmes;
- Sean Swift – Student Advisor for the Undergraduate Business Management and Marketing Programmes;
- Li Lin - Lecturer in Accounting;
- Elly Witcher - Communications and Engagement Manager for the Lloyds Banking Group Centre for Responsible Business;
- Anandadeep Mandal – Lecturer in the Department of Finance;
- Kate Henderson – Recruitment and Admissions Officer (maternity cover for Erica Wicherley);
- Emily Pickering and Leah Bodin – School Hub Assistants;
- Roshni Sahota – Academic Support Administrator;
- Leanne Scott - Programme Administrator for MSc Economics (Singapore) and MSc Investments (Singapore);
- David Ward - Programme Administrator for MBA Executive UK;
- Nunung Hidayah – Senior Lecturer in Accounting;
- Charika Channuntapipat – Lecturer in Accounting;
- Raphael Akamavi – Senior/Lecturer in Marketing;
- Hamideh Mohtashami Borzadaran – Birmingham Experimental Economics Laboratory (BEEL) Manager;
- Cagri Yalkin – Lecturer in Marketing;
- Christian Darko – Lecturer in Applied Business and Labour Economics;
- Jake Bradley – Lecturer in Economics;
- Wafa Ben Khaled – Lecturer in Accounting;
- Wanyu Chung – Lecturer in Economics;
- Zhihua Li - Lecturer in Economics;
- Solon Magrizos – Lecturer in Marketing;
- Fiona Kelly – Transcriber/Administrator;
- Rohit Talwar – Teaching Fellow;
- Chelsea Bailey – Teaching Fellow;
- Yan Huo – Research Fellow;
- Usman Aslam – Research Fellow;
- Ganna Pogrebna – Professor of Behavioural Economics;
- Joanne Bates – Lecturer: Teaching Focused (Overseas Project);
- Gabriela Rozenfeld – Lecturer in Accounting;
- Margarita Nyfoudi – Lecturer;
- Weiyue Wang – Lecturer in Marketing;
- Ali Esfahbodi – Lecturer;
- Georgina Bromley - Welfare Officer in the Welfare Team (Wed PM, Thursday, Friday) working with Frances Bertam (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday AM) as a job-share;
- Kim Scharf - Professor of Microeconomics;
- Sam Gardiner-Hardy – Learning and Teaching Manager for Undergraduate, Welfare and Student Engagement;
- Rebecca Morris – project work with Dan Herbert;
- Anne Owen - Professor of Regional Economic Development;
- Sukhi McDonald – who joins us from the University of Warwick on 9 October as External Relations Administrator and Julie Shires’ job-share partner in the Careers in Business Team;
- Rebecca McDonald – Lecturer in Economics;
- Inya Egbe – Lecturer in Accounting;
- Andy Johnson – KPMG Programme Administrator (temporary), and;
- Nusret Bi and Simon Hopkins – Compliance Administrators based in the Undergraduate Programme Office.
Additionally, the Centre for Responsible Business is delighted to welcome two new team members; Sophie Sinclair as Centre Manager and Dr Yan Huo as the Centre’s first Research Fellow.
Sophie Sinclair, who was previously Centre Manager for the Centre for Research into Ethnic Minority Entrepreneurship (CREME), has extensive experience in the private and third sectors as well as in Higher Education. Sophie has developed expertise in operational and process management; training programme development; funding access and business development through integrated communications campaigns. Sophie’s practical experience is underpinned with a Masters level CIPD qualification.
Prior to joining the Centre for Responsible Business, Dr Yan Huo worked as a Research Fellow in the Jubilee Centre. Yan blends business research with an interest in moral philosophies such as Chinese Confucianism. Yan’s research interests are closely bound to ‘business ethics’, including ethical consumer behaviour, ethical consumption and responsible business.
The Business Engagement Team has recently welcomed Clare O’Driscoll. Claire completed the Graduate Trainee Programme and joined the College of Social Sciences in a new post as the Degree Apprenticeship (and Executive Education) Facilitator.
Finally, Jo Bates has this week joined the Business School in the new role of Lecturer (Overseas), where she will be responsible for the development of materials for UK and overseas programmes (both UG and PG) in the Business School. Specifically, Jo will focus on the Dubai Business School programmes, which will launch in September 2018.
As well as delivering marketing modules within the school, Jo will be working closely with the ‘Educational Enterprise Dubai Team’ to develop on-line learning resources (including support materials) and ensure that there is appropriate academic input and representation for all programmes delivered in Dubai.
Good bye and best wishes to a number of colleagues who have either left the School since the previous edition of the newsletter, or will leave us before the next one –
- Constantinos Krypridemos – Welfare Officer;
- Tony Yates – Professor of Economics;
- Jayasri Dutta – Professor of Economics;
- Trevor Jones – Professor of Entrepreneurship;
- David Bassett – Teaching Fellow;
- Yipeng Liu – Senior Lecturer;
- Jorge Bouchot-Viveros – Research Associate;
- Mariachiara Barzotto – Marie Curie Fellow;
- Daniel Derbyshire – Experimental Lab Manager;
- Peter Youssef – Research Associate;
- Emanuel Gomes - Senior Lecturer in International Business;
- Nicola Platt – Receptionist;
- Daniela Raevi-Beri – Lecturer in the Department of Economics;
- Pam Robinson - Lecturer in the Department of Strategy and International Business;
- Caroline Harwood - Programme Administrator;
- Emma Steadman - Programme Administrator;
- Frances Thomason - Programme Administrator;
- Helen Coursey – Academic Support Administrator;
- Rob Dolan – KPMG Programme Administrator;
- Beverley Slater-Harris - Doctoral Research Administrator;
- Laura Harris – Facilities and Support Services Manager;
- Louise Fearn – Programmes Manager, and;
- Simon Jones – Operations Manager.
Fran Bertram, Welfare Officer, returned from maternity on 2 May; working Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesday mornings. Gabriella Bersanetti, External Partnerships Manager, also returned from maternity on 18 July, working Monday – Wednesday.
Several colleagues have recently taken up Lecturing roles in the School; Thomas Coogan, Ceri Davies, Ufuk Gunes Bebek, Vivek Soundararajan and Panos Fouskas.
A number of Professional Services colleagues have recently become permanent members of staff - Julie Woodhouse, Amelia Evans and Tamika Pusey-Squires, Programme Administrators; Henry Clarke, Compliance Administrator based in the Postgraduate Programme Office; and Jenny Rowe, MSc Team Leader. Also, Becky Shales was recently appointed to the role of Learning and Teaching Manager for MSc, PGR and External Partnerships.
Congratulations to all!
New ASA – Departmental Support
To let you know that Academic Support Administrator (ASA) support to Departments has changed in line with the revised Departmental configuration. Support is as follows –
- Economics – Michele Donovan and Roshni Sahota
- Marketing – Pam Warrington
- Strategy and International Business – Andrew Maile
- Management – Jane Whitmarsh and Charlotte Bagwell
- Finance – Vacancy. In the interim Karen Henry is providing support.
- Accounting – Karen Henry
Andrew, Jane, Charlotte and Karen reside in Room 141, University House; Pam in Room 213, Ash House; and Michele and Roshni in Room 219, JG Smith Building.