FAQs for Worklink

Page last updated: Thursday 17 December 2020, 15:00

This page is being regularly updated to reflect the latest advice from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO), World Health Organisation (WHO) Public Health England (PHE) and other sources including local partners. We are monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and its impact, and doing all we can to make safe and reassure our staff and students. The FAQs on this page will be constantly reviewed and updated as the situation evolves.

Read the University's latest statement on COVID-19

The information on this page relates to Worlink Casual Workers and Hiring Managers. 

1) Will Worklink Casual Workers be eligible to receive pay whilst they are self-isolating, unwell or if their shift is cancelled in relation to COVID-19? UPDATED - 17 December, 15:00

Casuals Workers at the University of Birmingham are not entitled to occupational sick pay however Casual Workers may be eligible to claim Statutory Sick Pay (SSP), further details of which are available here on the government website. 


2) Do Worklink Casual Workers have to provide a sick note (fit note) if they have COVID-19 or if they are advised to self-isolate?  UPDATED - 17 December, 15:00

No, Casual Workers are not required to provide a sick note (fit note) if they have COVID-19 or are advised to self-isolate. 

3) I have a goodwill catering gift voucher but I have not been able to use it due to restricted campus operations this year. Can I still use this?  UPDATED - 17 December 15:00

Yes, it has been confirmed that the expiry date on the goodwill catering gift vouchers has been automatically extended up to the end of April 2021.  

4) I have a different query, where do I find other information and how can I contact Worklink?  UPDATED - 17 December, 15:00

For any other queries, please raise a query through the Worklink Portal.

Please visit our Worklink webpages to view our general Casual Worker FAQs


Professional Services