Phased campus reopening
We know that many of you are keen to return to campus as soon as you can. However, in order to ensure the safety of our staff and students, it is necessary for us to begin opening the campus gradually and continue to follow government guidance on safe working and social distancing.
We will commence a phased campus reopening from 1 June 2020, which is guided by a set of principles and safe working measures informed by government guidance and medical advice. The University will open gradually and will follow an agreed Framework, which sets out a phased approach, prioritised around:
- ensuring the safety of our staff and students
- enabling critical research to continue
- supporting our students' education
- income generating activity and relevant professional services
This activity will take place across two broad phases:
- Phase 1 will focus on the initial re-opening of campus starting on 1 June and running over the summer in stages.
- Phase 2 will run from the start of the 20/21 Academic Year in September.
Those permitted to return to campus from 1 June will be contacted by their line manager and will receive a special pass to allow them onto campus. It is critical that only those who are permitted return to campus, otherwise the safety of our staff and our community will be put at risk. Staff must wear their ID badges at all times.