In the People and Organisation Development (POD) team, our aim is to work in partnership with leaders and managers across the University to improve the University’s overall effectiveness. This is achieved by developing the individual, team and organisational wide skills, capabilities and behaviours required to successfully deliver the University’s strategic framework.
As well as offering a range of open training programmes, leadership development programmes and one-to-one coaching and mentoring support detailed within this brochure, POD consultants and trainers are also available (on request) to provide more tailored development to leaders, managers and their teams, in the context of improving both performance and engagement across the University.
Examples of the tailored work POD has undertaken during academic year 2016-17 on behalf of UEB, College Boards and Senior Officers within Professional Services has included the following:
- Facilitating College Board / School / Professional Services away days
- Delivering team development workshops, using for example MBTI and other psychometric tools
- Supporting leaders, managers and their teams during periods of significant change
- Facilitating action learning sets and creating communities of practice for particular grades / roles
- Designing customised development programmes for specific roles e.g. School Heads of Education
- Facilitating workshops on a team’s vision, values and behaviours
- Designing and conducting diagnostic interviews / focus groups
- Supporting interview panels and recruitment events
What to do if you are a University leader / manager who is interested in finding out more?
For further information on how the POD team could support you, please contact either Kate Crane (x43690) firstname.lastname@example.org or Andrew Ktoris (x48949) email@example.com.