Video is a powerful marketing tool. It enables us to engage and inform our various audiences, whilst encouraging an emotional response and instilling a sense of pride and enthusiasm for the University. The following guidelines have been prepared to help you maintain a consistent brand identity when producing innovative video content.
Once you have decided that a video is the best requirement for your needs and have approval to create it from your college or department marketing team, decide whether you will be the one making the video, or if you need to seek assistance in having one made. If the latter, consider whether the type of video you wish to make could be produced by a creator in your college or department or whether you need to approach our internal video production team in Creative Media as a client.
If you are making or producing a video you must adhere to the guidelines below. All videos must be checked against these requirements before they are published.
- UoB logo (without lock-ups) ident must be featured at the end of your video. If multiple partners are involved contact the Brand team.
- There should be no credits at the end of the video to state which individuals created it.
- Captions and subtitles in Roboto typeface. Visit our guidance on typography for more information on this.
- Ensure individuals speaking are named with captions that state: Their academic title and name, and their College or Department. External subjects should be captioned with their name, title/job role e.g. Managing Director, and organisation.
- Ensure your video meets web accessibility guidelines.
How to choose the right video for your objectives.
Tips for pre-production and filming of your video.
Guidance for best-practice using branding, captioning and organising your content.
How to correctly export your videos and safely share.
Guidance on safely using and recording events with Zoom.