Applications are now invited for the Birmingham Education Fellowships
The Birmingham Education Fellowships are designed to recognise, reward and celebrate individuals whose expertise makes an outstanding contribution to the student learning experience, to encourage excellence and to raise the profile of teaching and learning at the University. They provide Education Fellows with an opportunity to undertake teaching and learning-related projects and professional development activity, and to share their expertise with colleagues across and beyond the University.
- Up to four individuals every year may become a Birmingham Education Fellow.
- In reward and recognition of their teaching excellence, Fellows receive a permanent salary increment, if they are not already at the top of their scale.
- If the awardee is at the top of their salary scale then a one off payment of £1,500 will be paid.
- Fellows are also awarded £5,000 to support both their professional development in teaching and learning, and to carry out a project to enhance students’ learning experience.
- Additionally, Fellows will be allocated a mentor to support them in their work as a BEF - including their plans for project work and dissemination - and their further development, e.g. working towards national/international recognition for teaching excellence via opportunities such as the National Teaching Fellowship Scheme: http://www.heacademy.ac.uk/ntfshome.
For more information and how to apply, please read the guidelines or get in touch with the Teaching Academy by emailing email@example.com