Students in self-isolation

The safety and wellbeing of our students is our number one priority. With this in mind, the University have put together some useful information for students living in private sector accommodation, who may need to self-isolate after arriving in the UK.  

Food and drink

There’s a wide range of options available to you; some need to be arranged for in advance, while some can be delivered to you within one hour of ordering. 

If you would like to get your fresh groceries and food on demand, we’d recommend using the services below. They work alongside local supermarkets and convenience stores such as Londis, the Co-op, and Marks & Spencer and charge a relatively small delivery fee. 

Larger supermarket chains such as TescoAsda, and Ocado can facilitate larger deliveries of groceries. However, you will need to book at least a day in advance, there’s usually a minimum spend, and delivery costs can be a little bit higher. We'd suggest grouping up with your flatmates to minimise delivery costs if this is the option you'd like to choose.

Alternatively, you might want to consider ordering weekly recipe boxes, where you’re expected to use the fresh ingredients to cook your meals for each day of the week. If you wish to take up this option, you’ll also typically need to order it as early as a week in advance. More information on the options available can be found below. 

  • Hello Fresh - With 21 recipes to choose from every week, each one packed with fresh and seasonal ingredients, there's always something new to bring to your table. 

  • Gousto - Cook up impressive meals from just £2.98 per serving, with all of the flavour and none of the fuss. 

  • Mindful Chef - The UK’s highest approved recipe box, with fresh and local ingredients. 

  • Abel & Cole - Organic, ethical, seasonal and sustainable. Abel & Cole provide lots of meat alternatives and plant-based meals.

Wellbeing Support 

While self-isolating you can still access the mental health and wellbeing support services online

Living in Halls

If you will be living in University halls of residence then please visit our accommodation pages


Professional Services