The Main Library is now open
We have worked hard to make sure the Library is safe, and you will see a number of changes including different routes for entering and exiting the library, cleaning stations with hand sanitiser and wipes, socially distanced study spaces, and lots of extra signage to help you.
Until 20 September, the Library will be open Monday to Friday only between 10.00am to 4.00pm, with the exception of Monday 31 August (Bank Holiday). You will need to book in advance.
From Monday 21 September we will be extending our opening hours again during term time, including weekends, and we will be publishing our term time opening hours in September on the Library intranet pages.
Services available at the Library include:
• Browse - you can browse the printed collections on levels 1 and 2
• Self-issue - you will be able to borrow items you have chosen
• Study - a small number of study spaces will be available
For a full list of services, read the latest update from the Library.
For general enquiries please continue to contact the Library via Just Ask (24/7 enquiry chat service) as many of your questions can be answered by our team without the need for you to enter the library.
Remember that we are being flexible regarding current loans and all loans have been renewed.
As we open the Library, we need your help to maintain safety, by adhering to the following rules:
• Please ensure that you are carrying your University ID card with you at all times and provide proof of booking.
• Unless exempt, you will need to wear a face covering at all times while you are in the Library. We will be asking everyone to wear a face covering inside all University buildings other than in areas where safe 2 metre social distancing is possible.
• Remember that as we head into term-time we will be issuing all students with a UoB face covering, and we can also provide anyone who needs one with a face-covering exemption lanyard and card.
• Use the hand sanitiser at regular intervals; sanitiser is available throughout the building.
• Clean your study desk before and after use using the wipes provided, and dispose of used wipes in a bin.
• Only sit at desks with the ‘Sit Here’ sticker displayed and maintain social distancing at all times.
• If you touch a book, keep it with you and then return it via the return machine as you leave. Do not put items back on the shelves or leave them on desks. This will help keep everyone safe.
Our digital library remains open and accessible both on and off campus, offering a range of online services including:
• Academic skills and digital skills sessions
• Your Resource Lists and online resources
• Wellbeing resource lists
Further information can be found on the Library intranet pages.