Wherever you are in the world today, we want you to know that the extended team in Birmingham are all still here to support you.
Many of our teams are settling into working from home to make sure that we can still offer important services to students throughout the restricted campus operations period.
Supporting Your Wellbeing –
- While we have suspended all of our in person support, the Wellbeing Officers in your Schools and Colleges are still working remotely to answer your general queries. You can find their contact details here.
- Our Mental Health & Wellbeing Service is suspended at the moment but the team are continuously developing new resources to support you where you are and our new webpages provide helpful links to finding services near you, and access to our self-help guides.
- Our PAUSE Mental Health partners have just launched a new telephone service for UoB students if you need to talk to someone about your mental health – you can find more information here. The service will be operational between the hours of 10am – 6pm, 7 days a week and is open to anyone who requires help.
- And if you prefer to text then we are recommending the SHOUT Text Service for anyone who needs immediate help 24/7.
- The Guild are supporting your connectivity and community spirit through the new UoB Virtual Neighborhood; with helpful tips to keep you busy, home cooking classes, chat and neighbourly advice to stay connected.
- The Student Disability Service are all working remotely and can still answer your queries and give advice - you can contact them via: email@example.com
If you are in the UK, please follow the national advice to stay at home unless it is absolutely necessary -
- Only go outside for food, health reasons or work (where this absolutely cannot be done from home)
- Stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people
- Wash your hands as soon as you get home
- Advice from: www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Thanks for all the feedback on our daily bulletins – we have another planned for tomorrow which, you might remember, is the last day of term!
Keep well everyone and stay connected.
From the Student Communications Team