PG Skills: Creativity and problem solving, why are these skills so important?
- Online - see Canvas link below
- Wednesday 24 February 2021 (10:00-11:30)
This 90 minute workshop has been specifically designed to help Postgraduates gain insight into creative problem-solving, and the importance of this in the workplace.
Effective problem solving and creativity is vital in enabling maximum efficiency within an organisation, as well as ensuring the organisation’s goals are achieved. According to an article in Forbes Business Council “successful companies are not those that haven’t encountered obstacles, but rather those that can overcome them. Creativity is the No. 1 tool that can allow you to adjust and conquer hardships. If you can find a way to value creativity in your business, you may just find yourself excelling”. Problems are viewed as opportunities in disguise and the ability to problem solve ensures continual learning, how to think differently and builds confidence.
Mondelez International, one of the largest snack companies in the world, operating in more than 80 countries and employing around 80,000 in a variety of specialist roles and departments, will lead on this session and provide insight in to:
- What creative problem solving is and the importance of this in the workplace and current climate
- What techniques can be used to identify the root cause of a problem, generate ideas and how to select the best solution
- The relevance of these skills to Mondelez International
- Insight in to the recruitment processes and how are these skills assessed
To access this webinar, please enrol on the PG Skills Canvas site. The webinar will be available in the Conferences section. If you have any problems joining, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
By the end of this workshop participants will have:
- An awareness and understanding of the importance of creative problem solving skills
- An awareness of creative problem solving techniques and an understanding of how they can be incorporated in the workplace
- Understanding of effective creative problem solving skills and how these can impact on individuals, teams, organisations and possibly even wider communities.