PGT Essentials: Research Skills
- Online - a link will be sent to you before the event
- Wednesday 17 February 2021 (14:00-15:00)
Research skills are an important part of postgraduate study, whether you're tackling Semester Two assignments or the start of your dissertation. But what is the best way to begin your research, and how do you make the most of library resources?
Join the University Graduate School and the Academic Skills Centre for this online workshop on research skills, approaches and methods, followed by a Q&A where you can ask any questions related to research, finding study materials, or tackling large research-based projects.
The workshop covers:
- How not to be daunted by a large research project; how to break research down into more manageable steps and tasks,
- How to find resources,
- The best use of library databases,
- How to define and refine your approach and reading,
- What the process of research might look like,
- Where to start!
All followed by a Q&A, where you can raise any particular part of online learning you have questions or concerns about.
This session welcomes students on the following postgraduate courses in 2020-21: MA, MSc, MBA, MEd, LLM, MPH, Maths SKE, MPA, PG Affiliate, PG Certificate, PG Dip Ed, PG Diploma, and PGCE.