Recognise Professional Services staff and teams in the BUAFTAs
The BUAFTAs (Birmingham University Awards for Tremendous Achievement) celebrates the amazing contribution of Professional Services staff -both as individuals and teams - across the University. Professional Services staff are non-academic staff, who run the University's wide range of services. They include your programme administrator, welfare tutor, library staff and student support staff.
Nominations for BUAFTAs 2018 are now open!
We invite you to nominate staff who have gone that extra mile. You can nominate staff for any category (listed below) but we would like to draw your attention to the Student Experience Award. This award recognises an individual or team whose work helps to create a distinctive, high-quality and enhanced student experience at Birmingham. A student/Guild of Student panel will be judging the nominations for the Student Experience Award.
Nominations will close at midnight on Sunday 29 October 2017. The shortlist will be announced on Wednesday 20 December 2017.
|Category||Criteria||Judge for award|
|Newcomer of the Year
||Recognising an individual who has been pro-active in implementing better practice, or who has had a positive effect within a department, generating results in a relatively short time. Open to individuals who have been working at the University for 6-18 months on 3rd November.
|Team Player of the Year
||Recognising an individual who has excelled at supporting other members of the team, acknowledging those who go above and beyond within their department, and ensuring that others are happy and motivated at work.
|The Academics' Choice Award
||Recognising an individual or team who carry out high-quality work that either directly or indirectly supports academic staff and/or research. Academics are particularly encouraged to nominate for this award, but nominations are also welcomed from Professional Services staff.
|The Student Experience Award
||Recognising an individual or team whose work helps to create a distinctive, high-quality and enhanced student experience at Birmingham. Consideration will be given to those who work directly with students as well as those who work behind the scenes.
||Recognising an individual who makes the University a better place to work, whose importance and value may only be widely noticed in their absence.
|Team of the Year
||Recognising a team that is acknowledged as consistently high performing and that works exceptionally well as a team, using the skills of all members productively to execute business as usual activity to a high standard.
|Customer Service Award
||Recognising an individual or team who has gone the extra mile to give their customers a top quality service experience.
|Continued Excellence Award
||Recognising an individual who has excelled in their role for over 5 years, executing business as usual activity to a high standard.
|Birmingham Professional of the Year
||Recognising an individual who embodies the values of the Birmingham Professional. It is open to all Professional Services staff, irrespective of grade or type of role. The winner will be someone who, by excelling in their own role, helps the University to excel and stands out as an example to others. Their approach will be characterised by consistently high standards, building strong relationships with others, and taking responsibility for their own development.
||This premier BUAFTA recognises an individual or team whose work has had a significant and lasting impact on the University’s reputation and standing. The work should be recognisably “best in class” and demonstrate major achievement in challenging circumstances.
- All nominations must be received by midnight on Sunday 29 October 2017.
- Read the criteria carefully when selecting a category to nominate for. Generally, nominations will be considered only for the category in which they are nominated.
- Most categories are open to any member of professional services - apart from The Academics' Choice Award and The Student Experience Award, which are targeted to people with roles in specific areas.
- Academic members of staff, members of the Registrar's Leadership Group and this year's BUAFTA Committee are not eligible to receive nominations.
- Please ensure you keep within word limit provided. Complete all sections of the form - entries that are incomplete or exceed the word limit may not be accepted.
- All completed entries will be acknowledged by email at the time of submission. If you do not receive a confirmation message, email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm receipt of your entry.
- BUAFTAs are for people, not roles. Judges are looking for evidence of excellent performers - whose approach and impact go beyond normal expectations for their roles.
- Demonstrate your nominee's contribution with concrete examples and clear evidence of what has been done and how it has made a positive impact.
- All information in the entry form must be accurate and true.
- A single strong nomination is as likely to be shortlisted as multiple nominations.
- BUAFTA judges base their decisions on the information provided in the nominations. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- The BUAFTAs Committee reserves the right to extend the closing deadline should the number or standard of nominations received not meet the required standard.
- For help, advice or to withdraw an entry, please email email@example.com.