Advice for people affected by major world incidents

Following recent major incidents overseas, such as Hurricane Michael in USA, we would like to remind you of the support available at the University and what to do if you are from or visiting a region that has been affected by a major world incident.

Information for nationals from an affected country

The website for your Embassy and Consular Offices will contain information about any national incidents that may have occurred and a telephone number you can use to contact them.

Visit GOV.UK’s Foreign embassies in the UK webpage to find your embassy.

Advice for British nationals affected by an incident whilst overseas

Please read GOV.UK’s guide, What to do if you’re affected by a crisis overseas.

Travel information

To find out about incidents in countries, particularly if you plan to travel abroad, please visit GOV.UK’s Foreign travel advice webpage.

University support services

If you have been affected by an incident abroad in any way you can contact the University’s support services.


Professional Services