International Day for people with Disabilities
Today we are celebrating the International Day of People with Disabilities to raise awareness of disabilities, break down barriers, and to stimulate discussion. Starting the conversation is the first step towards greater inclusivity.
Students can support the event by attending the workshops, talks and ‘taster’ sessions, and by cascading information more widely.
All are welcome - free sessions include:
- 11.11.30 'Getting the most of from your studies - an insiders view of useful apps - Murray Learning Centre UG07
- 11.45-12.45 'Pity the Blind' An analysis of visual impairment, disability and education. Talk followed by Q&A - Murray Learning Centre UG07
- 12-30 - 13.20 Inclusive football taster session - UoB Sports centre (booking required)
- 13.30-14-30 Careers support for students with disabilities - Library foyer
- 16.00-17.00 Inclusive yoga taster session - UoB Sports centre (booking required)