The University of Birmingham is one of the UK’s leading sporting universities, regularly finishing in the top three of the British Universities and Colleges Sport leagues. You can get involved in any of our elite sporting clubs or simply try your hand at beginner classes across a range of activities.
Our Active Lifestyle programme of fitness classes is one of the largest of its kind in the UK, offering a wide range of aerobic, holistic, toning and dance classes. Our award-winning Thrive team also offer free lifestyle assessments and can advise you how to get fit and healthy.
Take advantage of campus sports for students and staff:
- Book online - for sports classes, courses, courts and pitches
- Membership - packages available for Gym, Swimming pool or Squash
- Fitness classes - Spin, Aqua Fit, Pilates, Body Pump, Abs Tone, Yoga, Grit, Zumba, and more
- Try a sport - set yourself a new challenge
- Sports clubs - join one of our 50-plus clubs to do your chosen sport
- Inter mural sport - join a department, residence or society league
- Opening times - of sports facilities