Every Tuesday and Thursday evening in the Green Heart (behind the big marquee) there will be an outdoor cinema for you to come and enjoy an evening movie under the stars. Movie nights will take place from 17:00 (arrival and seating from 16:30), no booking is required but spaces will be allocated on a first come, first served basis, the outdoor cinema has a capacity of 300 students. You can bring your own food and blanket, free popcorn will also be available and a limited number of deckchairs to borrow.
Please note the cinema showings are subject to change and could be cancelled due to severe weather or any other unforeseen circumstances, please keep an eye on the MyUoB app and social media for any updates. Students are reminded to ensure they follow the Covid-19 safe rules and guidelines and get tested regularly when on campus. You can either book a test here or collect a home testing kit from the Bramall Music Building (Monday - Thursday, 9:00-16:30).
Coming up over the next couple of weeks we have:
- Tuesday 15 June - Aladdin (2019)
- Thursday 17 June - The Avengers
- Tuesday 22 June - Hairspray
- Thursday 24 June - The Lion King
Outdoor cinema dos and don’ts!
Please follow the guidance below when enjoying the cinema:
- Guests must provide a valid UoB Student or Staff ID to gain entry.
- Guests must sign into the NHS track and trace app upon entry. QR codes will be provided at the entrance for you to use.
- Guests can bring children along but on a first come, first served basis, students will have priority access.
- No seating will be provided for the event, please bring suitable items to sit on for your comfort. Any seating that may be provided will be given on a first come, first served basis.
- Guests are permitted to bring their own food and drink into the event including alcohol, however quantities will be reviewed and the event management reserves the right to confiscate excess amounts whilst the event is running.
- Guests must not attend the event if they have any symptoms of Covid-19, or if they have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19 or someone who is symptomatic. In addition, guests who have been asked to self-isolate are not permitted to attend.
- We would ask all guests to respect the guidelines set out for entry, instructions given to guests by staff, Covid-19 guidelines, social distancing measures and respecting other guestsin enjoying the film by keeping noise to a minimum. Staff reserve the right to ask any guests to leave the screening if they are deemed to be disruptive to those around them.