There is a wide range of street food on offer in University Square as part of Spring into Summer @UoB.
All of the food available is local, fresh, and homemade. Food options will include BBQ & Grill, Mexican Cantina, Fish & Chips, Pasta & Pizza, Middle Eastern cuisine, Pies, and Curry Club.
Although there is no pre-booking required for the outdoor dining food stalls at University Square, you will be expected to follow Covid-19 rules at all times. When you arrive at University Square for outdoor dining you will be greeted by a member of the catering team who will seat you. You will also be expected to scan your details onto the NHS track and trace app (for track and trace purposes). Staff will also be on hand to monitor queues and social distancing, ensuring a safe environment.
The Bratby bar will also be providing outdoor seating for table service and will be open from 12.00pm untill 9.00pm, Monday to Friday. The indoor area will not open until 17 May at the earliest (depending on the Government guidance), and the booking policy is outlined below.
Bratby Bar booking policy
- Please ensure you book your tables In advance for the Bratby Bar, we are fully Covid Safe, bookings can be made via our facebook site - Follow @bratbybarUOB, and your booking window will be for a maximum of 2 hours. We open Monday 19th April from 12pm and close at 9pm Monday to Friday.
- Send a message via the messenger button requesting a time and for the number of people you want to obtain your 2 hour slot.
- Cut off for the tables will be 9pm the night before the booking, for example if you’re booking for a Tuesday, you have until 9pm on Monday night to request a time slot, you will then get a message back with your table number on, confirming that the booking has been taken.
- The table will be reserved for 15 minutes, if you’re 15 minutes late and you haven’t arrived in this time, then your table will be opened up for “walk ups” for your entire time slot.
- Please ensure when booking you are within your household bubble of a maximum of 6 people per table, we accept a maximum of 2 households per table but you will still have to sit 2 meters apart.
- When you arrive at the Bratby please speak with a member of the Bratby customer ambassador team who will show you to your table, when arriving at your table you will find a QR code where every guest must scan the code and check-in, if you don’t have a mobile device the team member will take your details for contact tracing, these details will be kept for a period 21 days and will be secured on site.
- Please ensure when arriving you sanitise your hands and follow all the rules of the establishment.
- All orders will be either taken via the UOB customer app on Catering’s UoBFood, which is a web based website that has Click & Collect, this website can be accessed by going to https://uobfood.bham.ac.uk – access to the website at the bars will be provided by a QR code, rather than having to type it. It is compatible with both computers and mobiles. Your order will then be delivered to your table by a member of the team. The team will also be on hand to take your order if this is easier and again they will delivery all food and drink to your tables.
- Our food experience within the Bratby Bar is a Balti curry made in house by our experienced team of chefs, however if you want to experience food from the other food festival stalls within University Square available 11 – 3pm daily, please feel free to walk over and purchase your food. Please ensure no alcoholic drinks are removed from the dedicated patio area of the Bratby Bar, this must be adhered too at all times.
- We have toilet facilities inside the building please feel free to use these but please ensure when leaving your table a facemask must be worn at all times unless you are exempt.